Friday, February 25, 2011

Rocky’s Choice: Settle Down Or Play The Field?

Dear Diary,


Last week I announced my engagement to Pikes Peak Writers. It was a joyous event. Pike was so handsome in his pearl gray, Alfani suit. Of course, I wore my new rock. It was so big that I could barely hold my finger up to show it -- but I managed. So many people took the time to wish us happiness. My heart beat wildly at all the attention. Or maybe that was just those interesting little cigars that nice man with the dreadlocks gave us as an engagement gift?


Anyway, I can't help but wonder if this is the right time for me to settle down? To make matters worse, this week I’ve met so many other handsome, eligible writers groups. Just recently, I met Northern Colorado Writers. He is a magnificent specimen. His huge Passport To Writing conference really caught my eye (if you know what I mean). A few days ago, I also bumped into the Rocky Mountain Mystery Writers. Boy, I’d sure like to investigate what his trench coat is hiding.


Now I have a confession that I'll tell only you, dear diary. I even discovered a passing fancy for Colorado Romance Writers. Wow! She’s a knockout with her pouty lips and come-hither smile. Is that so wrong? Even so, I was completely unprepared when The Heart of Denver Romance Writers used her wiles to send a sizzle right through me. Oh my! The two of them are my guilty little secret. I’ve never experienced anything like it.


Does my interest in all these local writers groups make me a shameless hussy?


Hmm... guilty!


I can only hope that Pike will understand my open and giving nature. Drat my big ol' heart! What can I do? Maybe, I should make a list of all the things I love about these writers groups. Will that help me commit to just one? We'll just have to wait and see....


Click here to find out more about the Colorado writers groups that Rocky just can't resist.


Posted by Tamela Buhrke

2 comments:

Patricia Stoltey said...

Fun post, Tamela. And it's great to have that page with other Colorado writers' groups and their conferences.

Kerrie said...

Tamela,

Great post. I don't see anything wrong with playing the field. ;-)